FlickrFaves is back! Download the latest version to work around the disabled API key.
FlickrFaves is a small utility for downloading high-resultion versions of your Flickr favorites to your harddrive. If you are like me this means hundreds of beautiful new wallpapers at the click of a button! FlickrFaves is a cross-platform utility written in Java.
Download now! (current version: 2.0.5)
- executable: JAR-file; simply double-click to run on most systems; requires Java, see below
- source: ZIP-file; cotains only source code
Warning: Hundreds of people use FlickrFaves every month without any problem whatsoever. However, this software is released without any warranty. Backup the directory you are downloading to and use at your own risk!
License: FlickrFaves is released as open-source under the GNU General Public License version 2, or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
Questions? Problems? Comments? Bugs? — email me!
- 2.0.5: Fix problem where images that were not “large enough” weren’t deleted
- 2.0.4: Fix crash when trying to open the browser
- 2.0.3: Don’t download the image-not-available image
- 2.0.2: Fix another common crash case
- 2.0.1: Now downloads original size again; fixes crashes
- 2.0.0: Fix problems with API key by reducing number of API calls
- 1.1.2: I honestly don’t remember. :)
- 1.1.1: Handle inaccessible favorites gracefully
- 1.1.0: Support for video download; choose whether to download photos, videos or both; download photos that are not public (e.g. for friends only); more gracefully handle network problems
- 1.0.4: Gracefully handle a download directory that does not exist or is not writable
- 1.0.3: Support for proxies; improved error reporting; new versions of BrowserLauncher2 and flickrj
- 1.0.2: Include a new flickrj version to fix problems during authorization
- 1.0.1: If a picture does not have an “original” size, download the largest available one instead
- 1.0: Identical to 1.0-b3; out of beta now as that version is very stable
- 1.0-b3: Fix stalling downloads; add automatic version check; minor improvements
- 1.0-b2: Fix problems with changed Flickr API; improve error handling
- 1.0-b1: Initial release
- Download your Flickr favorites in the highest available resolution
- Optional minimum resolution: only download images that are sufficiently large for your screen
- Optionally limit the number of images downloaded — download only your newest faves
- Choose whether to re-download and overwrite existing images
- Automatically detects incomplete downloads
- Optionally delete stale faves
- Optionally exclude certain images
- Automatically remembers your choices
Warning: Always observe photo’s licenses! Do not re-distribute or otherwise utilize downloaded images without permission. You are responsible for this!
This software comes packaged with the following open-source libraries: